A growing and fast-paced Toronto litigation firm with
an emphasis on insurance defence litigation requires
a hardworking and dynamic self-starter to join our
This Law Clerk position is full-time and a competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience.
- Organizing and maintaining litigation files
- Corresponding with opposing counsel
- Liaising with clients
- Attending at Court for Motions, Small Claims Court Trials, Status Hearings, etc.
- Preparation of Affidavits of Documents, Motion Records, Mediation
- Pre-trial Memoranda, Bills of Costs etc.
- Assisting in Trial Preparation
Skill Set Required:
- 5+ years practical experience together with relevant post-university training
- In depth knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and The Insurance Act
- In depth knowledge of the updated Rules of The Small Claims Court
- Proven ability to draft legal documents
- Proven ability to carry a heavy caseload and to manage multiple files
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional administrative, organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Meticulous proofing and editing skills
- Serious candidates must have the ability to work autonomously with menial supervision